- Better2Gether‘s mission is to provide comfort, guidance and support to families of children with medically complex illnesses, not currently addressed by existing organizations in Richmond. Started recently by two mothers, Better2Gether has created a supportive community for the families with children of rare or complex diseases.
- Beyond Boundaries provides outdoor adventure programs to people with and without disabilities including white water rafting, fishing, and hiking. Beyond Boundaries allows those at risk in the Richmond community a positive outdoor experiences. They offer individuals of all ability levels, no matter physical, cognitive or economic situation, the opportunity to experience outdoor activities with the surrounding community.
CARES Clinic at VCU
- CARES Clinic at VCU provides compassionate, state-of-the-art physical therapy care to the uninsured and underinsured members of the Richmond community. The student-run services focus on optimizing movement and improving quality of life by caring specifically for each patient. Free care is provided by students under the supervision of licensed physical therapists as part of a lasting educational partnership between the school and the community.
Coal Pit Learning Center
- Coal Pit Learning Center is a preschool and daycare for low-income families with children from the ages of three to five years old. Coal Pit’s program is designed to share the opportunity of early learning to children who otherwise would not receive the benefits of a high-quality preschool experience.
Cristo Rey High School
- Cristo Rey High School is a Catholic learning community in Richmond that educates young people of limited economic means to become men and women of faith, purpose, and service. Through a rigorous college preparatory curriculum, integrated with a relevant work study experience, students graduate ready to succeed in college and in life. They are the largest network of high schools in the United States whose enrollment is limited to low-income youth.
Greater Richmond SCAN
- Greater Richmond SCAN’s mission is to prevent and treat child abuse and neglect throughout the Greater Richmond area by protecting children, promoting positive parenting, strengthening families and creating a community that values and cares for its children. Their Child Advocacy Center improves the Richmond area’s investigation, treatment, and prosecution of child sexual abuse and severe physical abuse cases by implementing an innovative, multidisciplinary response system.
- HomeAgain assists families and individuals experiencing homelessness to secure and maintain a home. HomeAgain employs many tools in efforts to end homelessness in the Richmond Region, including emergency and transitional shelters, rapid rehousing and permanent supportive housing. Their goal is to able to exit to safe, affordable, permanent housing.
The Next Move Program
- The Next Move Program provides job training and education to young adults with disabilities to combat the almost 70% unemployment rate that exists for this population in Virginia. We partner with businesses like Wells Fargo, Quirk Hotel, Ledbury, the University of Richmond, and the YMCA of Greater Richmond to create and run intensive internship experiences for young people, ages 18-25, with intellectual disabilities in the Greater Richmond Area.
- NextUp is a system of community leaders and service providers committed to putting more youth on the path to success. Their mission is to provide all Richmond Public Middle School students with access to high-quality learning experiences after the bell rings. NextUp provides three schools: Boushall, Henderson, and Lucille Brown, for students to go to and take classes after school, go on field trips, and eat dinner.
PANS Research and Advocacy Initiative
- PANS Research and Advocacy Initiative advocates on behalf of families suffering from a group of childhood autoimmune conditions called PANS (Pediatric Acute-Onset Neuropsychiatric Syndrome) and PANDAS, a subset of PANS (Pediatric autoimmune neuropsychiatric syndrome associated with strep) by raising awareness in the community, investing in data-driven research, and providing emotionally and social support to families.
Pay It Forward Outreach
- Pay It Forward Outreach helps the homeless and poor through donations of clothes, food, and furniture. Donations are given out in the Richmond area to people on the streets or in poverty stricken communities. Pay It Forward Outreach strives to continue to help people in need in our city by inviting the community to get involved, volunteer, and pay it forward themselves.
Piedmont Search and Rescue
- Piedmont Search and Rescue, a volunteer based organization, is dedicated to be a responsive, effective search and rescue team. They provide certified ground searchers and resources in support of local, regional, and national missing person search efforts.
Wintergreen Adaptive Sports
- Wintergreen Adaptive Sports brings persons with disabilities opportunities to participate in outdoor and recreational sports. They offer skiing, snowboarding, kayaking, and canoeing. The opportunities are given to all ages and with all types of disabilities. They have had over 2.500 students with disabilities have received adaptive instruction for outdoor sports though Wintergreen Adaptive Sports.